CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Decorating!

So with all of the hectic craziness of Easter and Fiesta back to back, I (along with the other bakers and decorators at Lily's Cookies), have been putting in LOTS of hours, and we're still not caught up with the cookie orders! On the bright side, however, this frantic pace means that I've been allowed to do more in the way of decorating that I would have normally had to be trained and/ or not been thought of as "experienced enough" to do- yay? ;) I started out with just some basic royal icing outlining, (went alright, though I definitely need practice!), and now I've graduated to wet-on-wet glaze decorating, like so:

1) First I began with a fish with already dried royal frosting outlining, and filled it in with glaze.
2) Next, I piped colored glaze in lines across the fish,
3) then used a toothpick to drag the lines back towards its tail..
4) Voila!, completed fishy with eye! ;)
5) And I made him lots and lots of fishy friends :)

The End? ;)





4 comments:

Megan said...

Those are cute fish. Good job!

smiles :) said...

hey, Thanks Megs! :)

Kim said...

Beautiful! Love the scale-making technique!

David N Adrea said...

those are prettyful. loves it. :)