CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eureka!!! :)

(post from Feb 18, 2009)
After a full day (not the most patient person ever) of brainstorming bakery names and rejecting most of them as too cutesy, I've hit upon the perfect one! It has a good sound, would lend itself well to a nice iconic sign and logo, and also has a sentimental attachment as well. Before I unveil this great name, (which you are not allowed to borrow and/ sell to anyone else, or I will find you!), let me tell you the rejects so you too can marvel / cringe at what might have been: (you can steal these, have at it ;)

Berry Basket Bakery- Pies & Pastries (I like alliteration ;)

The SnowGlobe (I'd just finished watching Coraline, where snow globes play an important role)

The Cookie Jar (this was my fav so far, although it wasn't sweet enough yet for me...)

Serena's Kitchen (yeah, wanted to create that homey countrified feel, but it also made me envision hot and sweltery kitchens and stoves.)

Sugar & Spice Bakery (not bad, kinda overdone)

Sweet Nothings (sounds more like a lingerie store- maybe you get a free nightie with every order? ;)

Sweet & Sassy Bakery (ehhh, too much like sugar and spice, just Sassy would have been enough)

AND FINALLY, the eureka moment that hit me as I was driving home from the gym and gong past some of San Antonio's regal but crumbling old manor houses:


The Orange Blossom Bakery (& Cafe, in the future)

isn't it perfect?! alright, maybe you don't see it, but I think it sounds perfect- warm and fuzzy, sweet and simple (maybe I"m getting too into the adjectives here), and plus it reminds me of my roots- our big orange VW camper van was named, guess what?, Orange Blossom. :)

So there you have it, folks, the name of my future bakery :) Now it may be off in the way distant future that this finally comes to fruition, after I've gotten some bakery experience to make sure this is what I definitely want to be doing, plus maybe some culinary schooling, not to mention raising a substantial amount of money to start my own business, but still, there's one part that's finished. :) Now who wants a cookie? ;)

0 comments: