CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kindred Souls :)

I've discovered lately that there's nothing quite as satisfying and reinforcing as talking to fellow culinary obsessed people. Sure, other friends and family all listen politely as I gush over the latest baking wonder I've learned about or do their best not to yawn as I describe in detail what I baked that day, (oh brave friends, you know who you are ;), but it takes another baker/ chef-at-heart to spark up an answering fanatical gleam. Instead of listening politely, they too get all worked up and starry-eyed over the wonders of fondant, and share kitchen foibles and triumphs. After such an exchange, I feel reenergized and excited to head back to the bakery kitchen, happy in the discovery that there are others like me finding joy in baking and cooking, despite the mildly puzzled looks being thrown their way by friends and family alike :)

0 comments: