CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First New Post! :)

Wow, I can't believe that I have 2 blogs! I feel so technologically advanced! well, kinda ;)

SO I started this new blog to focus mainly on my baking journey, as I learn new tips, techniques, and basically just explore the culinary world. I'm just starting out, trying to determine if this is what I want to do "for the rest of my life!!!", or if it's just a passing fancy. So with that said, this is what I'm into right now;

~Fondant! I think I could easily make a whole long posting about this miraculous confectionary marvel, but suffice it to say that I'm especially impressed with the versatility of fondant. It can make cakes beautiful and posh looking, add a new dimension, or even be crafted into cunning little embellishments and figures! I can't wait to try this!

~Amazing Wedding Cakes, http://www.wetv.com/amazing-wedding-cakes, the show hosted by WE tv, is seriously inspiring for all of it's rocking girl-owned bakeries and the absolutely gorgeous cakes they come up with. I would sell a finger or toe to be able any of these featured bakeries, and hopefully suck up some of their talent in the process!

~Cutesy Cupcakes. So I know they're all the rage now but will probably fade out soon, but I can't help loving the sweet simpleness of these little treats. Ranging from mild to decadent, I wouldn't feel as bad actually eating one of these little creations as I would their older siblings, the elaborate pricey wedding cake! Cupcakes are portion controlled and bring back nostalgic childhood parties, with a new sassy edge.

~Cake Wrecks! The greatest blog ever!, found at http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/, this blog with it's terrible cakes on display for the (internet) world to mock cheers me up every time! I end up spending time reading back blogs, chuckling with the endearing author, and enjoying the gaiety of mocking these horrible cakes! It's updated with new monstrosities almost daily, satisfying my craving for daily and practically harmless glee. ;)

0 comments: